Trauma and PTSD
Through years of work with different patients across different backgrounds, I have recognized trauma and PTSD as a common root cause for many issues and symptoms. Trauma can be the result of various painful experiences including difficulties with parents or other family members, conflict with peers, learning and cognitive challenges, sexual abuse, rape, an accident, or a loss or death.
Sadly, unintegrated trauma from the past profoundly influences life in the present. It can result in:
- Uncontrollable anger that destroys relationships.
- Difficulty trusting or opening up, which reduces relationship satisfaction or the ability to have close relationships at all.
- Low self-esteem and poor sense of self.
- Extreme sensitivity that makes it difficult to function.
- Anxiety and looping thoughts.
- Severe shut-down or depression that prevents joy and pleasure, makes it difficult to do things that should not be difficult, and generally makes your life feel smaller.
- Repeated destructive patterns.
By working through and integrating trauma, which often originates early in life (although it can happen later too), you can restore your innate balance and sense of freedom, and many seemingly unrelated conditions can be resolved.
CONTACT ME to see if we are the right fit.
“Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage.
Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
— Rainer Maria Rilke