Healing Your Relationships
Relationships can be among the most nurturing, fulfilling experiences in life, yet they are often the most frightening and painful. I am passionate about helping you heal your relationship with yourself and others so you can have the level of connection that you long for.
As mammals, our brains are wired to seek emotional connection, which influences our development and sense of self, and is even proven to impact physical well-being including the heart and immune system. Yes, relationships are perhaps the most important thing in our lives.
Depending on your specific case, either individual or couples therapy could be most appropriate in supporting you, and we can discuss this.
Therapy can help you grow in the following ways, enabling increased health in relationships:
- Improve communication and range of expression.
- Experience greater safety and trust.
- Feel more whole so you can be less needy.
- Grow comfort with intimacy.
- Learn to assert your needs and develop healthy boundaries.
- Work through early wounds so you can stop projecting them onto your relationships.
- Manage anger, sadness, anxiety, and fear.
- Develop empathy and compassion.
My style of working is relational, which assumes that connectedness is one of the primary foundations of psychic structure. Thus, an important aspect of our work together will be the material that arises between us—in our relationship—which will give us insight into what happens for you in other relationships in your life. We will use our interactions as a vehicle through which to establish a secure bond, as we simultaneously work through the feelings that arise when you experience intimacy.
CONTACT ME to see if we are the right fit.
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.”
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince